Payment Solutions work with third-party financing providers to facilitate simple, convenient, and flexible payment options for credit-approved customers under the Microsoft Financing program.
Payment Solutions help customers expand their IT purchasing power and improve cash flow with convenient, flexible and affordable payment options. These allow customers to structure their technology spend to meet their business and financial needs while aligning to available budget, cash flow or deployment schedules.
- Solutions designed for volume licenses: Customized payment options to help match customers’ technology spend with business requirements.
- Total solution financing: Payment options for complete software, services, and hardware solutions—including non-Microsoft products.
- Flexible payment structures: Monthly, quarterly or semi-annual payment structures; ability to ramp or defer payments.
Payment Solutions are the best way for customers to pay for software licenses:
- Conserve or reallocate cash; shift costs between capital and expense budgets
- Fund projects and upgrades out of budget cycles, aligning to seasonal revenue patterns or investment needs
- Align payments to deployment to improve project economics
We operate in 18 countries:
- North America: US, Canada
- Europe: UK, Germany, Spain, Belgium, France, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden and The Netherlands
- Asia Pacific: Japan, Australia, and New Zealand
- Latin America: Brazil
Yes. New software purchases, True-Ups, or additional services can be added to the agreement at any time. These are convenient to add, and spread the costs of the software over an extended period of time, preserving capital resources for other investments and business priorities. Additional credit approval may be required.
Yes, as long as Microsoft software is part of the solution. The minimum Microsoft product or service value is 10.00 %. Conditions for the inclusion of IT services may vary by country and financing provider.
Please refer to the Applications section for details on how to submit a customer application.
Please refer to the Get Started section for more details on how to become a Microsoft Financing partner.
Please refer to Applications for more details on how to submit a customer application.
Microsoft content includes:
- Purchases made under a Microsoft Volume Licensing Agreement
- Microsoft direct invoiced products, services and hardware (e.g., Forefront, Virtual Earth, Amalga, etc.)
- Indirectly invoiced Microsoft products and services (WMED, Retail packaged product, Microsoft Hardware, i.e. Surface)
- Dynamics products including AX, GP, NAV, POS, SL, Snap, FRx, Forecaster, CRM, RMS, and related Enhancement
- All Microsoft Online Services which are billed monthly by Microsoft and not financed but which shall be included in the calculation of Microsoft content based on a 12X multiple of the initial monthly Online Services revenue
- Microsoft Services including Microsoft Consulting Services and Premier Support Services & Support ("Microsoft Services")
- All sales tax and VAT tax associated with the financed product or services are considered Microsoft content
The information contained on this site represents the current view of Microsoft Corporation or its affiliates ("Microsoft") on the issues discussed as of the date of publication. Because Microsoft must respond to changing market conditions, it should not be interpreted to be a commitment on the part of Microsoft, and Microsoft cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information presented after the date of publication.
This is for informational purposes only. MICROSOFT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT.
Complying with all applicable copyright laws is the responsibility of the user. Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this information may be reproduced, stored in, or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise), or for any purpose, without the express written permission of Microsoft Corporation.
Microsoft may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in this document. Except as expressly provided in any written license agreement from Microsoft, the furnishing of this information does not give you any license to these patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Terms are anywhere from 12 to 60 months, depending on the financing product.
Any commercial or public sector customer that licenses Microsoft software as part of their IT investment can qualify.
The minimum transaction size for the United States is $3,000.00, although amounts below $10,000.00 require a custom quote. Please consult with your local Payment Solutions Specialist for more details.
There is no pre-established maximum or credit limit. Customers can apply for any amount necessary to finance the entire solution as long as it exceeds the minimum transaction size. Please consult with your local Payment Solutions Specialist for more details.
Payment Solutions offer competitive rates. These rates are influenced by market conditions, term, and transaction size. Lower, tax exempt rates may be available to public sector customers.
The extension of credit is based on a number of variables, including a customer's prior performance in servicing its prior debt. Each credit decision is made on a case-by-case basis. Elements that can influence the credit decision include the customer's prior performance and any defaults (if applicable).
There is generally no requirement for down payments.
If a customer is delayed in making a payment, they will be charged a late fee. The financing provider will take the appropriate legal action in cases of customer default.
Qualified Microsoft partners are paid for their services and solutions once the financing documents are fully executed.
The financing provider will automatically debit or invoice your customer according to the payment options agreed on.
Microsoft works with third-party financing providers to offer customers a total IT solution, including software, services, partner products, and hardware - as long as the total amount financed contains 10.00 % Microsoft products or services, including taxes.
The following information is required to make a credit decision in the United States through PNC Equipment Finance:
- For transactions less than $100,000.00, only signed customer applications are required. Additional information such as financial statements may be requested if required.
- For transactions of $100,000.00 or more, 2 year(s) of audited or reviewed financial statements are required (tax returns and most current year to date interim financial statements, along with previous year's comparable statements may be used as an alternative).
Financing providers within the Microsoft Financing program approve or reject credit applications at their sole discretion.
Payment Solutions are available to both commercial and public sector customers. Commercial customers must be in business a minimum of three years, with an established credit history and multiple trade lines showing comparable debt and positive payment history.
Companies could potentially be declined due to negative trends, which may include:
- Consecutive years of losses or a history of losses from operations.
- Negative cash flow from operations; inability to cover loan payments from cash flow.
- Negative tangible net worth (liabilities exceed tangible assets) and/or high leverage (liabilities over assets is high).
- History of slow payments, defaults (non-payment), tax liens, judgments or bankruptcy for either the company or the primary owners.
- A going concern statement in the company's audited financial statements.
Exceptions will be considered if there is a business rationale for deviating from these guidelines. Exceptions include:
- Recent events that would reduce the risk (i.e. major investment in the company, sale of unprofitable division, etc.)
- A credit enhancement (Guarantor, Bank Letter of Credit, Deposit) is provided by an acceptable source.
Microsoft Financing Sales
For pre sales support including program enquiries, opportunity engagement and assistance with new partner and customer applications, please contact Microsoft Financing on:
Invoices and Credit Applications
Partner and Customer applications as well as invoices should be submitted by fax and mail as follows:
Application and Approval Status
For the status on submitted applications and invoicing enquiries, please contact:
Billing Questions and Customer Service
For billing questions and other servicing related items, please use the contact information on the invoice.